MUSIC APPS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR 2016. TRY AGAIN NEXT YEAR.
Notes for Applicants:
- We have a broad music taste, but covers bands, straight-up rock acts and anything that labels itself “EDM”, is not really what we program. What we are looking for is innovative and engaging, regardless of the genre.
- We get over 300 applications each year – we program around 30 to 40 acts. That’s 10% of applications. It’s a hard process to whittle it down. If you are not successful, it may not be because we don’t like your music or support your art. It may be that we can’t afford your fee request, or the travel costs or just that their are too many applications, not enough sets. Make your application as strong as possible – include all info and supporting material.
- Try and keep files to upload (photos etc) under 10mb, with a total upload for the whole form of 25mb. Otherwise the form may not submit.
- When you submit the form, you should see a screen saying: “Thanks for applying to perform at Wide Open Space 2016. etc etc”. If you do not see this, If you do not see this and the screen resets with an empty form, it means that the form has not submitted correctly and will need to be re-submitted. Hit Back on your browser and the filled-out form should re-appear
- You should also receive an email confirming the app has been lodged.